On behalf of all of Team Broken Earth, I want to wish you and your family the warmest of holidays! As the year comes to an end, I also wanted to take this opportunity to tell you about how your support has helped us, help those patients in the greatest of need.
2015 was a busy year, and we have grown to include teams from 6 provinces and we have reached approximately 1000 Team Broken Earth volunteer positions in Haiti. Some of our other accomplishments last year include the following:
- Building and Opening a new volunteer quarters and Medical Surgical Building
- Organizing a Trauma Education Course with 100 participants
- Purchasing new equipment (e.g. operating room tables, emergency room monitors, ultrasound machines etc.)
- Expanding our Team’s reach to other areas of Haiti outside of Port Au Prince, with more regular teams
- Partnering with the Lions Club, executing on an eye clinic that treated over 600 patients, providing free eye glasses to many
- Thanks to Malley Industries and PF Collins, there is a new Broken Earth Ambulance transporting patients
- We have started teaching in other Universities outside of Port Au Prince
- Shipping a crate of donated equipment from Canada to Port Au Prince.
- Completing a successful pediatric emergency simulation training course, and anesthesia airway course
- Countless lectures to medical students and residents in all disciplines
- We have expanded, beginning to provide care, support and education in Bangladesh and Nepal
- These are just some of the highlights of 2015 and we hope the momentum will continue far into 2016.
We couldn’t do any of this without your help and continued support!
Haiti is a little better today because of you.
PS — Stay tuned in 2016 for regular newsletter updates of Team Broken Earth’s progress in Haiti.